Today is National Cookie Day. Even though I’ve been stuck at home with strep today, when I was able to get off the couch after my third Christmas movie, I wanted to celebrate by experimenting with a grain-free cookie recipe. One of the Christmas movies might have centered around a bakery.
Some things I learned: 1.) make these cookies too moist and they will struggle to bake through, and 2.) flatten these pretty well. Shape any cracking edges with your fingers so they look pretty after you bake them.
Almond Vanilla Cookie Bites
- 1 c. Almond flour/meal
- 1 c. Superfine Natural ground almond flour
- 2 Tbs. Coconut flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. Coconut oil
- 1/8 c. Honey
- 1/8 c. Water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk dry ingredients until the lumps are gone.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, except water. Add water until a soft, but not shiny, dough is formed.
- Roll dough into 24 small balls, about 1 inch. Place on cookie sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand. (You can also add a pecan piece to the top.)
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Top will still be a little soft to the touch, but sturdy. Let cool almost completely before removing from tray. Enjoy!